How diet helps you lose weight


There is a common myth that says exercising alone will help you shed weight. Exercises help you tone your body and works on your stamina. But to lose weight, you need to change the way you eat.

Diet plays a far more important role than exercising. If you are spending your hours at the gym burning fat but after you do that you come home to eat chocolate cake. You will never reach your goal.

Diet can help you to lose weight faster.
Diet can help you to lose weight faster.

To successfully lose weight, you need to focus 75% on your diet and the remaining 25% on exercising. From personal experience, I can tell you that exercising made me lose the initial weight but, after a point of time, diet was necessary to go forward.

A calorie deficit is often required to reach your weight loss. And it is very important to make it a lifestyle change.

Here are tips which can help you keep your diet in check:

Do Not crash diet

Crash diets are those diets that allow you to lose weight in a minimum amount of time. Gm diet, Juice diets, Hollywood diet and etc. These diets help you to lose weight but affect your body.


The worse thing you can do to your body is crash dieting. Crash diets will help you lose weight, but once you get back to your regular eating habits, you will put on all the weight you lost. Trying ridiculous diets can be extremely harmful for your body. Just reduce your intake, avoid junk and you are good to go.

Try Intermittent fasting to lose weight

Intermittent fasting also known as IF is a fasting diet that regulates your eating habit. You have a period where you can eat and the other half you just rely on water, black coffee, and green tea. Typically the amount of time you will not be eating any solid food is called the fasting window.


Intermittent fasting can have a lot of benefits and can help you keep your food intake in check. There are various intermittent fasting methods. As a beginner the 16:8 is the best one to follow. The 16:8 means that you fast for 16 hours and eat in the remaining 8 hours. Busting the common myth, you can not consume whatever you want in the 8 hours. You are supposed to have a balanced meal.

intermittent fasting will help you to lose weight.

Include cheat days


Including cheat days in your diet plan will help you to remain consistent. To satisfy your cravings, allow yourself a cheat meal once every seven days. Pick a day of the week, for example, say Sunday. And, only cheat then. Cheat meals are a great motivation for you to eat right the rest of the week. Ultimately, you will stay true to your diet and lose weight.

Make your meals look interesting

If your meals start looking interesting, you will be looking forward to eating it. Add a dash of peri-peri to your salads. Make your vegetables interesting by baking them in olive oil. Or, add a spoon of ghee to your dals. Do things that will motivate you to eat a nutritious meal.

Make your meals look more appetizing.
Let your meals look like this.

Lastly, as I said before to lose weight you need to hit the correct balance between your diet and exercises.

As far as exercising options are considered, try doing what you love. If you do not like the gym, try a dance workout. If running is not your thing, try something like functional training.

Keep yourselves motivated at all times. To lose weight you need to train your mind first then your body.

Let us know about your journey, or if you need further tips feel free to ping us!

Check out our article on: How exercising helps with Mental Health

One thought on “How diet helps you lose weight

Comments are closed.